The Greater Mount Nebo Missionary Baptist Church was organized in 1951 with nineteen members under the leadership of Reverend Johnnie Allen Jr. The original name of the church was Pleasant Union Baptist Church but was later changed to Greater Mount Nebo Missionary Baptist Church. The first church was housed at 4309 Horrace Street in a small one room building. In 1955, the church moved into a new building axd continued to grow both phhysically and spiritually. Reverend Johniee Allen Jr. served as Pastor for twenty years untill health caused him to resign. Upon the resignation of Rvv. Johniee Allen, Jr., Rev. Glenard Burks was called to pastor and served faithfully for five years. After the resignation of Rev. Glenard Burks, Rev. Reuben Sampson was called to pastor and served faithfully for two years. Upon the resignation of Rev. Reuben Sampson, Rev. Charles Allen, Sr. was called to pastor. Through the vision of Pastor Charles Allen, Sr. the churchpurchased more property and built, and paid for a new edifice in which we currentyl worship. Pastor Charles Allen, Sr. served faithfully for thirty-two years until his retirement in 2010. In 2010, our current pastor, Rev. Charlse L. Allen, Sr. was called to pastor. Under his leadership, the church continues to grow and serve the community.